You can change the world
There is an excellent line from Al Pacino in the evergreen movie All Given Sunday. It says, Now either we heal as a team or we’re gonna crumble, inch by inch, play by play, ’til we’re finished We’re in hell right now, gentlemen, believe me. And, we can stay here — get the s*** kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell one inch at a time.
This part of Al Pacino’s monologue precisely describes the situation in which our planet and we as humans are.
Despite all the good intentions and the signing of the Paris Agreement in 2016 to reduce CO2 emissions, emissions are still increasing. The latest annual figures indicate that the country’s overall CO2 emissions in 2020 were 0.8% (or 75 Mt CO2) above the levels assessed at the end of 2019. The Paris Agreement aims to keep the rise of global temperatures to 2 degrees Celsius in this century – or, if possible, to 1.5 degrees. Massive changes are required. With current policies, we are heading for a 3.7 degree Celsius increase by 2100.
Climate change is tightening the grip around Earth’s neck, and there are two choices in front of us – either we embrace ourselves in togetherness and do everything we can do preserve our planet or our world will crumble.
Each individual’s contribution is necessary, and with that mindset, we can win in this long-term battle.
So ask yourself? What are you willing to do to save our planet and? You have a vast variety of options.
Driving and Air Traveling
• Whenever you have a chance, take a walk or ride a bike to avoid carbon emissions
• Take public transportation or carpool with your colleagues and friends
• Consider buying an electric vehicle
• Combine errands to make fewer trips.
• Remove excess weight from your car.
• Use cruise control
• Try to avoid flying when possible
• Fly shorter distances
• Fly economy class.
Reducing carbon footprint at your home
• Make sure that your home has a proper insulation
• Use energy effectively when it comes to home appliances such as air conditioning unit, dishwasher, or refrigerator
• Switch off lights whenever is possible.
• Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent or LED ones.
• Use thermostat wisely
• Consider using solar panels
Other ways to reduce your carbon footprint
• Choose what you eat – minimize the usage of beef or dairies
• Minimize water usage
• Support clean energy sources such as wind, solar and hydroelectric energy projects
OFFSET YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
Once you have done everything you can to reduce your CO2 emissions, it is vital not to stop there. Reducing CO2 emissions is not a substitute for offsetting your carbon footprint; you should combine them.
By neutralizing your carbon footprint, you’re making a giant step towards a brigther future for our planet and for generations to come.
If you don’t know how to do it, Rooted a unique and meaningful solution to this problem.
Find out how you can be a part of the solution for the most significant issue that humanity faces and even gain financial benefit >>> https://www.becomerooted.nl/how-it-works/?lang=en